[TowerTalk] Fwd: Beware Stainless Steel Corrosion.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Beware Stainless Steel Corrosion.
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:43:30 -0400
Was informed, when I still was sailing, that a crack in a stainless steel
turnbuckle could grow 1 inch/hour if oxygen deprived, which can happen if it is
covered with sea grass. That means that the turn buckle can snap within minutes
even if it was perfect before it got covered.

I had two heat exchanger for my swimming pool corroded to scrap metal in a few
moths myself due to oxygen deprivation.

Hans - N2JFS