Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?

To: "K7LXC@aol.com" <K7LXC@aol.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is A Tower Weaker in Some Directions?
From: "Cox, Norman R." <nrc@mst.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 03:14:17 +0000
  Thank you, Steve....I've learned a lot from the archives, hope to continue to
learn.

   I did take the suggestion to contact the structural engineer at US Towers.
Regarding the orientation of the T-base.....he said that the strength of the
tower will be about the same in all directions, and suggested I just orient the
base so that laying the tower down or raising the tower back up will be most
convenient.  I guess I was just over-analyzing.

  The T-base and anchor bolts (and contractor) arrived today, so we're on our
way!  Thanks to all.

Norm
KE0ZT