[TowerTalk] Crimp connectors & Strippers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimp connectors & Strippers
From: Mike Rhodes <weightdn@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:34:42 -0400
Greetings,
I recently invested in a coax/power pole crimp kit from Texas Towers. The problem is, the kit comes with no instructions and Texas Towers has nothing other than a video showing how to install a connector on 1/2 inch coax. That is fine for the crimper and I imagine the info also applies to 1/4 inch coax too. However, the video does not use the stripper which is included in the kit. There is a stripper for small and one for large diameter cable. The smaller stripper has 2 adjustable blades and a rotatable 'die' to grip the coax. The larger stripper has 3 adjustable blades. Can someone point me toward info on how to use especially the strippers and possibly more info on the crimper setup too? I don't want to wast any more connectors than I have to while learning to use this thing!

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN