Re: [TowerTalk] Guyed + self supporting /2 ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guyed + self supporting /2 ??
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:46:30 -0400
On 10/15/2014 6:58 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:

DXE also has this disclaimer: "Keep your tower still with one of these ROHN Guy Bracket Assemblies. Guy bracket assemblies are used to properly attach guy lines and to distribute the forces correctly. They prevent the placement of excessive guying forces onto individual tower legs. Multiple guy brackets are needed at different levels on taller towers."

DXE shows those brackets attached where all 3 legs are connected with welded, horizontal cross braces so the legs are in effect, welded to an internal band.

The standard brochure and instructions show a attachment band for the guys. I did not find one in the catalog with the guys attached to individual legs.

I see many large communications and broadcast towers that have a guy support band on them, or a welded frame. On in particular that I used to climb used a wide band that required an extra step to connect one tag line above and then a step back down to unhook below the band and bring it up above as well.

73

Roger (K8RI)

This is not always correct.  My Rohn 65G guy brackets
http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/roh-ga65gd only attach to one leg.

John KK9A