Re: [TowerTalk] Difference in TailTwister and Ham 4 torque values

To: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>, TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Difference in TailTwister and Ham 4 torque values
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:12:43 -0700
On 10/20/2014 11:46 PM, Ray Benny wrote:
I have a MA770, 70 ft telescoping mast with a Ham 4 rotator mounted at the
base. My problem, if I have any winds over, say 10 mph, the Ham 4 stalls

Ray,
N6VR

I used to have an MA550 with a Ham-M, still working after
50 years!  The mounting of the rotor on the base is such
that it can be out of alignment and bind.  You might
want to check out this possibility.  If you remove the
rotor, you should be able to turn the mast by hand.
If you can do this, then the bearings are not the problem.

Rick N6RK