[TowerTalk] keeping the bands quiet: 12 KW PV array

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] keeping the bands quiet: 12 KW PV array
From: Lizeth Norman <normanlizeth@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:34:26 -0400
Hi all,
Am getting ready to work with a pair of engineers and spec out a 12 KW
installation. There will be 3 poles with 14 modules on each pole. The
inverters will be at a central location in the panel area, with the AC
running 70' to the service panel.

Have spent several evenings reading various mailing list archives as
well as many other sources regarding RFI/EMI as it applies to PV
arrays and ham radio.

I've taken three things away from my research. One is spend the money
on an inverter that has a transformer in it. The second is to run as
much (both AC and DC) in conduit as possible. The third is to take
care when designing the grounding. (I WILL be using Cadwelds one
shots.)

Does anyone have any experience with PV's regarding RF noise and
mitigation strategies?

By the way, I think the whole thing can be sourced from made in USA
parts. What a concept!

Thanks,
Norm n3ykf