Re: [TowerTalk] Painting a tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting a tower
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:23:38 -0500
I have not seen a response to your question yet so I will give my opinion.
I have spent a lot of time doing tower painting at P40A and I removed the
cables from the legs and let them hang from the guy cables while I scraped
and painted. Once the paint dried I refastened the cables.  This was a
personal preference and not necessary, but it did ensure that I had a nice
coat of zinc paint on everything which looked nice for a month or so. BTW,
I used Brite Zinc paint and a painting mitt.

John KK9A