[TowerTalk] suggested mast length for MA-770MDP?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] suggested mast length for MA-770MDP?
From: Howard W6HDG <W6HDG@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 08:05:24 -0800
I know that I need a 2"OD mast for the MA770 that I have on order. I'm trying to decide on the length of mast that I need to order. The tower spec sheets are skimpy on how the round mast fits to the square top section of the tower. Can someone please describe the attachment method? In other words, if I purchase the 5 foot mast, can I fit 2 feet down into the square section or is there a hard stop that would prevent this? I want about 3 feet sticking up for my Steppir DB18.

Thanks to the group for all the help.  Howard W6HDG