[TowerTalk] A4S questions/INFO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A4S questions/INFO
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:12:47 -0500
I have Cushcraft A4S which I haven't been using for a while. It worked
perfectly and was tuned to CW portion of the 20,15 and 10 m bands.
Few days ago I noticed that SWR on 10 meters went up (to approximately 4:1) and
antenna started to resonate well above 29.0 MHz. At the same time the resonant
frequency moved higher on 15 m, but is still tolerable in the CW portion
(1.6:1).
20 m remains unchanged.
I took it down today and examined the traps. They all look O.K. except I found
few small spider nests inside. Also checked them for dc which appears to be
fine.
It's on the step ladders about 7 feet above ground level now.
Is there anything I can do? Anybody experienced same problem before?
Any tip would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yuri  VE3DZ