Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX48

To: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>, Michael Murphy <mike@ki8r.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX48
From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:40:06 -0800
Thanks guys. It would only be supporting a 2 element Quad. So. It would
probably work. Looks like we are moving and antenna space will be EXTREMELY
limited.
Appreciate the information!
73, Tom K5IID
Finally there is a bit of joy in Mudville!
http://www.dfwcontest.com

K5IID Tom Horton  Hillsboro, TX
E sorter for ARRL W5 bureau
Same call for 57 years!

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:09 AM, Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com> wrote:

On Nov 13, 2014, at 11:48 AM, Michael Murphy wrote:

> I just sold 2 of them from an estate.  One that had some surface rust on
> the top section for $250 and another with no rust and the concrete leg
> extensions for $300.
>
> You may be able to do better, but I have found that selling used tower and
> antennas will net you about 20% of the new price.

The sad thing is, I suspect those old towers are better than the new ones since
Rohn no longer makes it.  I bought a new HBX-56 and there was some light rust
forming on the edges before I even got it up in the air.

Ken WA8JXM