Re: [TowerTalk] Regarding Rohn HDBX48 tower spec's.

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Regarding Rohn HDBX48 tower spec's.
From: dokxray@lycos.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:04:28 +0000

for what it's worth. I had a HDBX 48 with a TT2 and TH7DXX on it for 11
years. It survived several ice storms and one tornado that caused
considerable damage to my house. When I replaced it with a crank-up I
gave it to a local repeater club that is still using it today (20 years
later).

Was super easy to put up and required zero maintenance. It was however a
bitch to climb...

de KD0PO

On 2014-11-15 08:34, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:

> On 11/13/2014 12:28 PM, Brian Dresser wrote:
>
> The main limitation is a 10' maximum boom length.
> Because they are stamped and riveted they do not take well to twisting, yet
> are relatively strong laterally.
>
> Personally, I do not like climbing them. I get a very insecure feeling even
> though it's rated for my weight.
>
> 73
>
> Roger (K8RI)
> Bryan,Not sure were you are getting your information from but an HDBX48 but
> looking at the spec's on the tower from Rohn it handles more than under 1sq
> foot at 90mph. Why would anyone put one up if that was all it would handle? I
> think you need to check where you got your spec's from. Message: 2 Date: Thu,
> 13 Nov 2014 08:29:59 -0800 From: Tom Horton <k5iid@sbcglobal.net> To: Tower
> Talk <towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: [TowerTalk] HDBX48 Message-ID:
> <1415896199.31218.YahooMailNeo@web181102.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset=us-ascii What would be the going price for a HDBX-48 in
> good condition? Thanks, 73, Tom K5IID Finally there is a bit of joy in
> Mudville! http://www.dfwcontest.com [1] K5IID Tom Horton Hillsboro, TX E
> sorter for ARRL W5 bureau Same call for 57 years!
> ------------------------------ Message: 3 Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:47:22
> -0500 From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net> To: Tower Talk
> <towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTal
 k]
HDBX48 Message-ID: <5464E09A.2000708@bryanfields.net> Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1 On 11/13/14, 11:29 AM, Tom Horton wrote: What would be the
going price for a HDBX-48 in good condition? They are $1600 new. I'd say about
$250-$300 for a used one. Keep in mind this tower is only rated for supporting
a small (under 1 sqft!) load at 90mph, which is the rating for Hill county, TX.
-- Bryan Fields 727-409-1194 - Voice 727-214-2508 - Fax http://bryanfields.net
[2]

Roger (K8RI)

Links: