Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.

To: "TT TowerTalk" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Bulkhead feed-through.
From: "Gary - AB9M" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 20:07:36 -0600
My solution for the bulkhead feed-through and ground window challenge for my basement shack is to remove one pane of a two-pane basement window and replace it with a Lexan / plastic replacement panel which has been fitted inside and outside with aluminum plates bolted together and predrilled for bulkhead connectors, and control cable feed- thru as a SPG window. Outside a number 4 copper to ground is connected by a ground lug via a thru bolt and ground lug to number 4 copper inside to a 8 foot ground rod in a perimeter drain sump well which is bonded to the MDP ground. Inside on the panel Array Solutions AS-300 Series ICE protectors provide Static Bleed and Gas Discharge protection for the radios connected to the antennas. An AS-16SP is also mounted inside via a thru - bolt protecting the K9AY Loop and rotor controllers.

I have LDF-4 and Bury-Flex cables terminated with UHF connectors on the outside with 12 and 15 foot 9913 and Bury-Flex cables running from the window to a Ten-Tec Model 253 Automatic Antenna Coupler. With inside shack temperatures of 70 plus degrees at 30 percent humidity I have NOT seen cable condensation problems, even when the outside temperatures are well below zero.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk