Re: [TowerTalk] RCS4 Antenna Switch - Noise

To: K0YR <k0yr@tomrieff.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RCS4 Antenna Switch - Noise
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:37:52 -0500
Sounds like the diodes and coax are rectifying RF from some strange, outside source.
Try putting bypass capacitors across the diodes in the remote unit.
73
Don
N8DE

Quoting K0YR <k0yr@tomrieff.com>:

T/T,
This RCS4 has a built in power supply. No wall wort. When switching
unit is brought in to the bench, there is no noise, only when placed at
the tower. Noise goes away when power is off or in the #4 default
position.
Just curious if anyone has experienced this before???
Tom, K0YR