Re: [TowerTalk] Is there a good 1:1 Balun for a Beam

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is there a good 1:1 Balun for a Beam
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:56:09 -0800
I am sitting here peering into the BN-86 from my TH7DXX, just opened it awhile back. Two of the coil windings burned near the connector end. The swaged connection to the connector flange totally corroded, the rivet a piece of rust, a nice collection of bugs and spider webs in the interior and the o-rings around the output studs gone. Other than that, great shape! Replacement 1115s from Balun Designs in the mail.

Had a BN-86 on the A3WS too and was going to use an old Force 12 EB-1 I have to replace it. What issue did someone have with the EB-1??

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: john@kk9a.com