Re: [TowerTalk] 402CD

To: roger@g3ldi.co.uk, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 402CD
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 09:11:18 -0500
What kind of "lube" where you using?
Ray,
W4BYG

On 12/1/2014 7:20 AM, Roger Cooke G3LDI wrote:
Hi.

I am trying to get a Cushcraft 402CD to work. It was given to me by somebody who had stored it for a considerable time in his garage. I assemble it, using some lube on the aluminium joints etc and checked all measurements. I fed it with a velocity corrected piece of coax via a 1:1 balun and put it up. It is only at about 30ft, but the resonance is around 6.8MHz and the SWR is about 3:1.

I think it should be much better than that, but can't find any problem with it. I am now suspecting the loading coils and their connections. Although the insulation looks fine, has anybody else had
problems with these? I am clutching straws now!!

73 de Roger, G3LDI

Ironic:
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be
distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever.
Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to
"please do not feed the animals" because the
animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves...  (Think
about that).