Re: [TowerTalk] Choking on chokes

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Choking on chokes
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:33:31 -0800
On Wed,12/3/2014 7:16 AM, David Gallatin via TowerTalk wrote:
Hello fellow listers,I have tried to educate myself as to whether my antenna's
need common mode chokes and what to use if so.

There are two tutorials about this at k9yc.com/publish.htm One is a slide show, the other is text. The text is k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf and is a tutorial about both RFI and chokes. Chapter 8 is a "cookbook" with specific winding instructions for each band. The cookbook does not cover 6M. For that band, use at least three two-turn chokes wound through #31 or #43 clamp-ons.

73, Jim K9YC