Re: [TowerTalk] Conduit installed in foundation slab

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Conduit installed in foundation slab
From: Brian Amos <bamos1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:53:49 -0700
It is such a minimal intrusion I don't even design for it when I design a
foundation. Really the outside edges of the concrete and the embedded steel
carry almost all of the load from a tower so the center portion of a
foundation doesnt matter. In fact my tower foundation is only thick enough
to cover the top and bottom steel reinforcement in the center.  I have seen
guys use 4" sewer pipe for their tower conduit with no problems.

Brian
KF7OVD