Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna analyzer from SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna analyzer from SteppIR
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:19:47 +0000
Interesting!

I presume that if it's being compared to the Array Solutions VNA2180 it will do 2-port measurements?

Steve G3TXQ

On 10/12/2014 19:23, K7LXC--- via TowerTalk wrote:
Howdy, TowerTalkians --
I attended a meeting of the Western Washington DX Club last night and
the presentation was a new product from the guys at SteppIR,  a local
company. It's a real nifty antenna analyzer that is small enough to put  in a
shirt pocket but has lots of features. The basic unit is the SARK 110 which
until now has not been available in the US. SteppIR will feature the
nomenclature of VNA 110 (Vector Network Analyzer). They're positioning it as
better
than an MFJ and much more usable than the Array Solutions VNA 2180 which
requires a PC to drive it.
It'll do the usual antenna functions and also includes a TDR (Time
Domain Reflectometer) which is invaluable for feedline  problems. It has a USB
port and is completely computer compatible. The price  will be around $380
and I don't know when it'll become available.
Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH