Re: [TowerTalk] feeding a Moseley S-403 40 meter three el. beam

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] feeding a Moseley S-403 40 meter three el. beam
From: "Ray, W4BYG" <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:18:00 -0500
It is used on a shortened beam which utilizes a center loading coil for resonance, such as the Moseley 40 meter S-402 and S-403.

The loading coil on the DE has a second 50 ohm "link" coil mounted over the center of the larger element resonating coil. The link coupling effectively couples the coil/ antenna and eliminates the need for a balun.

I have enjoyed using the S-402 for over 35 years with no complaints.
73,
Ray, W4BYG