Re: [TowerTalk] A couple of 18HT questions

To: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>, "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A couple of 18HT questions
From: "Bill Aycock" <billaycock@mediacombb.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:46:44 -0600
Gary--etal--
I was trained as an Aeronautical Engineer, and I KNOW what the error is; The original statement has been corrupted by an important omission. The original was nearer to:

If analyzed by the rules of classical Aerodynamics, it will be found that the Bumble Bee cannot fly. However, since the Bumble Bee does not operate by the rules of Classical Aerodynamics, He flies very well. The last statement is sometimes given as "the Bumble Bee does not know Classical---"

Classical Aerodynamics involves only Fixed Wing devices. A dead Bumble Bee has a glide path approaching the vertical.
Bill--W4BSG

-----Original Message----- From: Gary Schafer