Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Long shank U-Bolts

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Long shank U-Bolts
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:52:07 -0500
This is a very common problem in the commercial tower industry. One common solution, which I initially (decades ago) rejected as being crude but gradually came to accept as elegant, is to use bent (or curved) saddles and all thread rods (or bolts). Or, if you want a close fit because of worries about thin walled tubing deforming, use double muffler style clamps and all thread bolts.

-Steve K8LX