Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuner SWR won't stay down
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 08:41:08 -0800
Hi Jim

The SWR meter works OK with the tuner not in the circuit. I can adjust the SWR down with a different tuner in series and it stays down fine.

I've just about narrowed it down to the caps. I took the roller inductor out yesterday and put it in a different tuner and the SWR stays steady. So - I'd say it has to either be the switch or the caps. Maybe bad connection on the bearings or something. Gonna take the caps out today and physically check them out.
73
Tom W7WHY