Re: [TowerTalk] Too Old To Climb Towers - TiltPlates and more

To: Al NN4ZZ <al@nn4zz.com>, towertalk reflector <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Too Old To Climb Towers - TiltPlates and more
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 12:58:37 -0800
On 1/6/2015 11:49 AM, Al NN4ZZ wrote:
Thanks for the mention.  We will be at the Orlando HamCation in February
if anyone want to see the TiltPlates (for yagis), QuadLocks (for Quad
Antennas) and HexLocks (for hexbeams).   Also here is a link to the web
page for more info:

I had a fairly long talk with Al at Dayton last year.
Definitely worth stopping by and seeing him if you
get a chance.  He has some very clever designs and
can answer all your questions.  I never understood
how the Karlock worked until seeing it in person
and having Al explain it.  His prices are reasonable
and it's definitely not worth building these things
yourself.  He has really mastered this technology.
For me, the tilt plate is the only way to go.

He also explained to me all about how he patented
his stuff without the help of a patent attorney.
This was really interesting to me as an inventor
with a couple dozen patents done by the company
patent department.

Keep up the good work Al.

Rick N6RK