Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question

To: "bcarling@cfl.rr.com" <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower installtion question
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:15:20 -0500
I had to prove 130 mph, 3s gust for Fort Lauderdale in accordance with
EIA/TIA RS 222 G, which is incorporated into the Florida Building Code by
reference.

This is a safety requirement for windstorm survivability, is required of
all structures, including houses and outbuildings, so it is absolutely
reasonable and a requirement for a permit. PRB1 doesn't relieve anyone from
safety requirements.

I permitted a heavy duty crank up, wind load calculations were done in the
retracted permission. I needed to submit a drawing and calculations done
and certified by a Florida PE.

73,

Mickey N4MB

On Friday, January 16, 2015, <bcarling@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My local city Building Department wants me to prove that my proposed (24
> foot) tower
> installation with a 3 element beam for 17m & 12m can withstand 139 mph
> winds before they
> will issue a permit.
>
> Does this sound even remotely reasonable and compliant with PRB-1 ?
>
> Thanks for your views - Brian Carling AF4K

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.