Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G tower permitting...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25G tower permitting...
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:14:17 -0800
On 1/29/15 8:55 AM, bcarling@cfl.rr.com wrote:
UPDATE and QUESTIONS

Is there anyone who can help me come up with engineering calculations and
drawings that
will satisfy my local city permitting people?

I presume the task will be easaier  now that we have some known factors and
characteristics
of the materials. My son is an architect and can do the drawings, and he knows
a structiural
engineer who might possibly be willing to help with the calculations. Am I
heading in the right
direction here?

That *is* the direction...
your permitting folks just want to have numbers expressed in a way that is familiar to them, and your engineer can put them in a way that makes sense.

It's not that hard, but it does require some specialized knowledge, and to know when you're doing what the manufacturer intended, and when you're straying into an unknown area. It's the latter that takes time and effort, because it becomes less cookbook.