[TowerTalk] 30m 3 ele parasitic vertical antenna

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30m 3 ele parasitic vertical antenna
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 22:01:29 -0700
I was trying to come up with a fairly easy to build 30m antenna that I could point at Europe that would have a bit more gain than my dipole at 70 ft.

I have not been able to find much on verticals with parasitic elements so I am curious if anyone has tried this. I was thinking of a 3 ele design with a total "boom" of around 22ft or 34 ft, based off the 3 ele beam in the Antenna book.

I was trying to avoid any phasing or switching. I am open to other suggestions as well.

Your feedback is appreciated.

--
Mike W0MU