Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589

To: Gary Saboe <gerald@saboe.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tilting Down a US Tower HDX-589
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:27:18 -0700
I believe I use a "bottle jack" as well.  The model I bought had a minimum
distance that was too big, so a buddy of mine cut off a fixture I didn't
need.

In many respects, getting it moving from "rest" is the hardest part of the
whole job of getting the tower down.  One also has to be careful when you
finally get done cranking it back up.  Mine tends to move around a bit
after it falls that last inch or three.  If my finger is in the wrong
place,  I suspect I might lose it.

To get it started from vertical, everything I do is on the "side" of the
antenna, usually leveraged against the part that holds the winch.  I have
not found doing stuff at the bottom to be very effective.

Larry WO7R