Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: SteppIR
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 22:32:08 -0700
I have been a member of the SteppIR group almost since it was created. We only hear about the problems and if we are lucky some of the cures.

Many of the problems are by users not reading the instructions and not building it right, not understanding the antenna, coax, connectors etc.

Users cause a great deal of their own problems. Much of my career working with computers and servers many of the problems were the users not the hardware, not the server, etc.

What proof do you have to back up your statement?

WD0M, W0LSD and many others have just been lucky.  OK.

How many element tips fell out or broke off because of fatigue before they started adding rope to the elements. How many KLM 40m Capacitors blew up on their beams? Every antenna can break.

Sorry your SteppIR did not work out for you.

Mike W0MU