Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding/Bonding Lessons Learned

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding/Bonding Lessons Learned
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:09:55 +0000 (UTC)
I had a similar problem igniting a Cadweld that had lost its ignition powder. I
stuck a piece of Magnesium ribbon into it but when I lit it, it burned up to
the entrance port then extinguished, probably due to lack of oxygen.  I tried
it several times with the same result.  Perhaps the addition of Magnesium
powder would have helped but I didn't have any.
-Mike-