Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Grounding/Bonding Lessons Learned

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>, Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Grounding/Bonding Lessons Learned
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:00:29 -0700
Recently, ATF exempted some "E-matches" from explosive regs. They are available on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-45mm-25pcs-lot-0-3m-Electric-Igniters-E-match-for-Fireworks-25-pk-/171723888783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fb8a988f

I use them for igniting high power (APCP) rocket motors, avionics controlled parachute deployments, and backyard legal fireworks. They are fast but really hot so might work for Cadwelds, I haven't tried them. Augmented with some smokeless powder or other deflagrating compounds you can make they would likely work and also be safer since electrical ignition does not need to be up close and personal. A 9v alkaline battery has enough energy for firing several E-matches.

Grant KZ1W