Re: [TowerTalk] They're pumpin out the hole.

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] They're pumpin out the hole.
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wes@attawayforensics.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 12:53:18 -0600
On 2015-04-03 10:10, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
Finally!

The contractor didn't get the tower base in while the ground was still
frozen, but Saturday they came out and dug the 4 X 4 X 7' hole by
hand.  It only took about 10 minutes..for the second hole.  At 4 to 5'
they hit a field tile running through my backyard.  What's a field
tile doing there?  It had a pretty gooh head too.   A 4" stream
shooting 18 to 24" straight up.

Then weather stopped them after digging the second hole, which is good
as they set the base backwards.  Today they are pumping out the hole,
digging out the dirt that had fallen in and rotating the base 180
degrees.  Now to get the concrete poured.  It'll take about an extra
yard, but the extra is good.

Truck is on the way!

Roger (K8RI)

---

Roger .... do you mean that those guys dug a 4'x4'x7' hole by hand in about 10-minutes? That seems pretty fast, to me.
--
Wes Attaway (N5WA)
Shreveport, LA