Re: [TowerTalk] Modelling SteppIR Elements

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modelling SteppIR Elements
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 13:30:55 -0500
I see lots of references to SteppIR Yagi style antennas by their number of elements but I don't know how the elements are counted. For example how many elements does a DB-42 have? The "stock" version with no extra 6m elements, without the 80m dipole has three Trombone looking elements and two fixed length elements, one between trombones 1 and 2 and the second between trombones 2 and 3. So is this three elements, counting only the adjustable on es or mis this 5 elements, counting them all?

Then with the 6m option and the 80m option added on how many elements does it have?

Patrick    NJ5G