Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: antenna choices
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:36:29 -0700
I'm wondering if there have been any attempts at more than 4 element SteppIR's?

I'm happy with my 4L but it would be nice to have some more smoke. What might be interesting are some longer boom more limited band combinations, with higher performance e.g. 6 L on 15/12/10 or 5 L on 20/17 or 6 L on 17/12 on 42' boom (the one I want, since my modeling so far for an interlaced 5/5 design isn't succeeding).

Another advantage of limiting the band combinations is that there isn't as much compromise when stacking them. Also, there would be less tower loading, fewer rotators, etc. than conventional 3 band contest stacks. However, there remains the tuning delay when QSYing or band changing, which is a bit of a problem in contest S&P & mult chasing.

Grant KZ1W