[TowerTalk] Fwd: Much Smaller Antennas Possible?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Much Smaller Antennas Possible?
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 02:15:17 -0400
I believe that they are doing is to use some polarized material such as a
piezoelectric crystal, type what we have in any crystal for frequency control.
A vibration (which we always have when we are using a crystal) will not shaking
the electrons but also the charged protons in the nuclear core. Maxwell's
theory does not require an electron but an electric charge to generate a radio
wave. What I don't know is whether quarts crystal is emitting RF radiation or
not.

All we can do, unless we are involved in this research is to sit down, wait and
enjoy the show.

There are already small antennas available, commonly used in cellphones. They
rely on a (I believe) a piezoelectric dielectricum to make the small size
possible.

Hans - N2JFS