Re: [TowerTalk] Trash Talk - please stop

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trash Talk - please stop
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:33:15 -0500

Thanks to all you swell guys who responded to help me set filters on my T-bird email client. Now that I know a couple ways to fix the problem, Steve (yay Steve!) a TT moderator fixed the problem for all of us.

In general I do not support censorship or detract from free speech but there are times when either or both are applicable and appropriate. A couple examples include shouting fire! fire! in a crowded auditorium and another is baiting all comers so as to create a platform to be a sounding board for hate.

When someone makes it crystal clear his purpose is to complain about a perceived problem rather than fix the problem, perhaps we should just remain silent rather than be troll fodder.

Help and beneficial suggestions were offered in plentitude but ignored in favor of raging and baiting TT posters. Once that is obvious it is better to remain silent and let the fire burn out from lack of well intentioned but poorly executed stoking.

Patrick NJ5G