Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Heights

To: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Heights
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:09:33 -0500 (CDT)
TT:

     Might telescoping/crankup towers provide the best of all worlds, then?

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

On 04/16/15, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:

Remember, that when we talk of "best heights" that is a statistical
number and is not always the best height. I don't have the numbers in
front of me, but there was a good article in QST I believe last year.

Say, the best height is 60 feet 30% of the time, the other 70 % is
spread through a variety of heights. So, when going for the best height
it just means that height will be better than the others more often.
Higher might give stronger signals, but fewer times. "Best Height" is
dependent on frequencies, band conditions, and local soil conditions.

Roger (K8RI)

---