Re: [TowerTalk] Insulated guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulated guys
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 13:33:13 -0400
>  I am about to start construction on my new 165ft Rohn 55G rotating
tower. My anchors are 180ft out from the base.

>  My question is: Just how much is using Phillystrand cable  buying me
versus using EHS cable broken up with insulators?

    I would suggest only doing the top one or two  levels of guys. The
lower you go on a tower, the less influence the guys have on  antenna patterns
and/or swr.

    You don't need to make the Philly real long -  even shorter segments
will be helpful.

    And skip the bottom set (or  two).

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs