Re: [TowerTalk] Super Kudos to Jim Lux, W6RMK

To: TexasRF@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Super Kudos to Jim Lux, W6RMK
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 08:19:55 -0700
On 5/9/15 5:48 AM, TexasRF@aol.com wrote:
Jim, what a contribution to humanity! Congratulations for that!
One of the bands used here is 3.4001 GHz so your mention of 3.1 to 3.4
GHz caught my attention.

There's an allocation for "radiolocation" from 3.1-3.3. There's shared radiolocation from 3.0 to 3.65; The ham band is 3.3-3.5 in regions 2 and 3, and 3.4-3.475 in region 1.

FINDER typically works in the lower end of the band.

You too can build a FINDER, at least the microwave sensor part, for under $100 in parts.

I didn't realize that tower talk was meant to be only for HF topics
(should have known) so I need to apologize for my occasional straying
into VHF/UHF/Microwave related postings.

Isn't it about towers, and there are sure a bunch of VHF,UHF, and microwave ham antennas on towers...