[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: sealing PL259's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: sealing PL259's
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:36:10 -0400
Thomas,

I have no idea what it contains only that it you don't put it on, the fitting
will leak no matter how hard you tighten it. (My brother-in-law had that
experience.)

A limited amount on the threaded part shouldn't interfere with the "electrical'
part. It should have some sort of sealing function. (I still missing some
"spring" function of the PL-256 to ensure a proper outer connection. Maybe that
could be an improved PL-256 (PL-256-S :). Some type of built -in weather seal
would also not hurt.)

Hans - N2JFS