[TowerTalk] Orion2800PX disassembly and reassembly

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion2800PX disassembly and reassembly
From: "Dick Hanson" <dick@dkHanson.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 02:32:55 -0000
Howdy?

So, I have a couple of these apart on my bench, replacing the reed switches
(lightning).

No problem with that, but?there are two ¼-20 bolts that appear to clamp the
front of the motor.

I noticed they are not ?torqued much.

So, I thought better tighten ?em up. When you do that, the motor gets much
harder to rotate. Doesn?t ?feel? right.

Thinking maybe they?re not supposed to be torqued, but just so they barely
compress the lock washers?

Anyone have first-hand knowledge of this?

Thanks for any help offered on this.

73

Dick, K5AND

Austin, TX