Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton K1550 / K2550 Swap: Cable Question
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 16:52:45 -0400
Hi Thomas:

On 6/4/2015 3:22 PM, Thomas Noel wrote:
Tony, Surely you know that the cable is not just friction wrapped onto the spool? It is firmly attached, and it is actually a stronger winch on the first layer of cable than on 2nd and 3rd layer. What you have now is perfect.

I was under the impression that the load on the cable windings developed grip around the spool to keep the cable from from pulling out of where it's bolted on the spool. So I guess the idea of more windings, more grip doesn't hold water?

Tony