[TowerTalk] Install of Alfa-Ring ASRING-02 on HDX-689 Crank-up

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Install of Alfa-Ring ASRING-02 on HDX-689 Crank-up
From: Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich@n7tr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 22:41:34 +0000
I finished a Proto-type mount for installing one of the new Alfa-Rings on a
Crank-up plus a boom trussing set-up.  Due to the size of the tower sections I
ordered the larger rings, ASRING-02.  For the mounting,  I used some old
Tic-Ring parts I had that were used for trussing as well as insert legs that
were used for mounting on a crank-up tower.   I have a few additional changes I
need to make...but overall I'm very pleased with the installation, as well as
how everything went together.  The pics below are from the M2 15M6 installation
on my HDX-689.   I also have a M2 20M5 that will go on a HDX-589, and a M2 10M7
that will be on another HDX-589.  I purchased three rings in total.  I'm very
pleased with the build and the assembly of the new rings.  I also have them
connected to a Green Heron Controller and is working well so far.

I posted some of the pics on my QRZ Web page.  http://www.qrz.com/db/N7TR

Look for the link called "Pics of Alfa-Ring Proto-Type on HDX-689 Crank-Up" on
my QRZ page.

Also here is some info on the ASRING-02 .  Click
HERE<http://alfaradio.ca/downloads/ASRING_xx_Informational_sheet_v1_09.pdf>

Any questions...Please let me know.

Thanks...

Rich N7TR