Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: 4SQ antennas directions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: 4SQ antennas directions
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 18:15:54 -0400
Did you look at the pattern? A 4SQ is not that directive.  If you are off by
30 degrees you may lose a dB of gain.

John KK9A

To:     <towertalk@contesting.com>,     <topband@contesting.com>
Subject:        Topband: 4SQ antennas directions
From:   "Jorge Diez - CX6VM" <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:44:06 -0300

Hello

What´s the width angle of a single antenna in a 4SQ system?

In USA I have W6 at 310 deg and W1 at 350 deg.

In Europe I have:

-          EI, GI, GM at 25 deg

-          CT, F, DL, EA, PA, EA8, UA1 at 35 deg

-          OE, OK, HA, OM, UA3 at 40 deg

-          6W, 5T, I, E7, 4O, YU, UA4 at 45 deg

-          LZ, SV, UA6 at 50 deg

-          5N, TT, SU, YI, SV9, SV5, TA, at 55 deg

Classic setup will be antennas at 45, 135, 225 and 315

But this will be the best positions from me?  For Europe 45 degrees will be
OK, but not sure about 315 degrees for USA

If I change USA antenna at 325 deg, I don´t think Europe at 55 degrees will
be the best

What would you do in my situation?

Thanks in advance

73,