[TowerTalk] Coil Design

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coil Design
From: "Wilson" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:27:46 -0400
I think this is optimistic, considering skin effect.
I’d use 6ga solid or, to be really neat, 1/4” copper tubing.
Either could be supported by a sheet of plexiglass with notches along the edges.
You wind on a form and then thread the coil onto the support.
See woodworkers’ box joint on Google, if you want to make accurate notches.
https://www.google.com/search?q=box+joint&oq=box+joint&aqs=chrome..69i57.4431j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

The fancy CB coils are neat, but don’t have enough inductance.
Quick and dirty (my specialty) would be strip some 10ga romex, leave the
insulation on, and wind on PVC pipe.
WL