[TowerTalk] Homebre Aluminum Tower...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebre Aluminum Tower...
From: "Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:41:28 -0400
Hello everybody !!!!,

I am still trying to build a tower...

I found many Aluminum tubes here...they are 6 ft long and 1 1/2 inch diameter with 0,08 inch wall...those tubes have been working in a heat exchange equipment but are like new...i dont know the type of Aluminum...

Is is possible build a Triangular tower adding "Z" braces joined with Rivets???...a guyed tower like Rohn 25G, etc...

I have been trying to build a tower (antenna) for low bands but maybe i can install a light weight tribander (spiderbeam) on top...not sure if that tower is strong enought for climbing.

I will apprecciate your comments.

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer, de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla