[TowerTalk] Ethernet Station Control Devices

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ethernet Station Control Devices
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:50:34 -0400
This fall, I will be adding multiple transceivers and amplifiers to a remote site. Unlike other web controlled devices, switching between amplifiers requires the simultaneous switching of Amp In/Amp Out connections. Can anyone suggest an off-the-shelf Ethernet device that will switch transceivers and amplifiers through a built-in web server? Even better -- a device that will also switch transmit antennas as well as an 8-element Hi-Z receive array.

Several years ago, I modified a W8ZR StationPro II (SP-II) with an embedded web control card and an optically-coupled interface board The SP-II switching device is completely isolated from the web controller. The modified controller appears in a QEX article I wrote back in 2011. Although that device would work well in this application, I would prefer to keep it at my home location. Time constraints prevent me from duplicating that effort. I do not require any additional rotator control, AC outlet control, etc. That's covered pretty well with plenty of room for expansion.

Again, I'm looking for an off-shelf Ethernet solution. Otherwise, I may as well just build another SP-II controller with an internal web control board. I see references to 4O3A systems, but it appears much of it is in development.

Ideas, anyone?

Paul, W9AC