Re: [TowerTalk] How many tower sections i can install??

To: "'Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)'" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How many tower sections i can install??
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:23:37 -0500
Your English is much better than my Spanish.

14-foot guying radius is only 46% of 30-feet. Recommended guying radius is
typically 80%. At 20-feet up a 14-foot guying radius is 70%.

Can the base (roof) withstand the downward forces of the guyed tower?

What is your wind zone?

What size in wind-load area (how many square-feet) is the antenna system you
want to put up (including antenna, mast, and rotator)?

One possible alternative if you have enough space on your roof might be a
lower (closer to the roof) vertically oriented Yagi for your favorite band.

If possible consulting with a professional engineer would be a good idea.

73,
Marsh, KA5M