Re: [TowerTalk] Using steel e-fence wire for antenna wire

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using steel e-fence wire for antenna wire
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 08:50:43 -0700
My only experience with the use of steel electric fence wire and the
resilience of connections is using them as radials for vertical antenna
experiments.
In that case, I wrapped 8 wires together and brazed them to a steel
plate which I bolted to the bottom of the verticals radial plate.
Left them laying on the ground for a couple of years here in the high
humidity summers and deep snow winters.
Later after I got rid of the vertical antenna I pulled up those radials
to put them into storage and found the brazing still looked good and
solid.
Don't know how many years it would take for those connections to
deteriorate.
N1BBR
--
 Bw_dw@fastmail.net