Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 07:59:33 -0700
One more off topic

Hurricane Gloria put about 25 sailboats way into the marsh in my home port of Marion, MA. In the old days, they would dredge to the boat and float it out in the dredged canal. A definite no-no now. My yard hired a logging SkyCrane from OR ($50k transcontinental flight) and hoisted all of them (20k lb max so some had to be stripped) onto land if there was a hull breach or back into the harbor. It took 3 hours to recover all the boats! Quite a sight with a 40' sailboat with its mast slung under it. My sailboat was safely moored + anchored and my further inland TH7DX survived ok.

Grant KZ1W