Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: Tower

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 154, Issue 18
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 15:04:37 -0700

On 10/12/2015 12:21 PM, n8de@thepoint.net wrote:
 > Many have previously noted that the lack of a good radial system
 > produces 'too high' a radiation angle ...

Lack of a good radial system only causes the low angle performance
to suffer while typically not impacting the high angle performance
as much.

   ... Joe, W4TV

Exactly right.  When I operate mobile (poor ground system),
I can hardly hear anything within a few 100 miles, just like
the vertical at home with a big ground screen.

Rick N6RK